Schedule an Appointment


Select Page

Naming a Guardian for Minor Children

This should be the foremost concern of any parent. If both parents die without naming a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian to raise your children without knowledge of your wishes, your children’s needs, or your extended family members’ suitability. Worse, the court could place your children in state custody while this decision is pending.

Deciding who will raise your children in your absence is often a difficult decision. Consider closely the attributes of the person you nominate. Is he/she the right person, or are you basing your designation on family hierarchy, friendship, or feelings of obligation? Have you been putting off this decision due to fear of hurting someone’s feelings by omitting them, or are you afraid you are asking too much? LeonardLaw can help you navigate these emotional choices.

“Frieda provided us with the guidance, expertise, and personal options we needed to update our estate planning documents, including our will. The peace of mind we now feel is invaluable! We highly recommend Leonard Law for your estate planning needs.”
Continue reading this and further testimonials